Two Types of Artificial Intelligence in terms of approach
1. Strong Artificial Intelligence (AI): Strong Artificial Intelligence (AI) is simulating human brains. Strong A.I can do anything as well/better than a human. Example: a machine hears the word “Good morning” and starts to associate that with the coffee maker turning on to make coffee If the computer has the ability, it theoretically could hear the word “Good morning” and decide to turn on the coffee maker.
2. Weak Artificial Intelligence (AI): Weak Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a system that operates within a limited context and is a simulation of human intelligence. Example: Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri, IBM’s Watson, self-driving cars, Chess playing AI and many more. Weak A.I achieves only the result of a human.
Real-world Applications of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
1. AI in Robotics: Artificial Intelligence has a significant role in Robotics. General robots are programmed such that they can perform some repetitive task, but with the help of AI technology, you can create intelligent robots which can perform tasks with their own intelligence without pre-programmed. Example: Humanoid Robots like Sophia and Erica, has been developed which can behave as humans.
2. AI in Education: Artificial Intelligence can automate the grading system so that the teachers can have more time to teach. AI technology chatbot can communicate with students as a teaching assistant. AI technology in the future can be work as a personal virtual tutor for students, which will be easily accessible anywhere at any time.
3. AI in Gaming Zone: Artificial Intelligence technology has become an essential part of the gaming industry. Artificial Intelligence machines can play tactical games like chess, where the machine needs to think of a large number of possible places. Other examples of Artificial Intelligence in the gaming sector which include the First Encounter Assault Recon, widely known as F.E.A.R, which is a first-person shooter video game.
4. AI in Agriculture Sector: Agriculture is an area that requires various resources, labor, money & time for the best output. Presently agriculture is becoming digital, and AI technology is emerging in this field. Agricultural sectors are using as agricultural robotics, solid and crop monitoring, predictive analysis. AI technology in the agriculture sector can be very helpful for farmers. Agriculture sectors are using automation and robotics to help farmers find more effective ways to protect their crops from weeds.
5. AI in Healthcare Sectors: Healthcare sectors are using AI technology to make a better and faster analysis than humans. AI technology can help doctors with diagnoses and can inform when patients are deteriorating so that medical help can reach to the patient before hospitalization. With the help of AI technology an organization called “Cambio Health Care” developed a clinical decision support system for stroke prevention for patients that can give the physician a warning when there’s a patient at risk of having a heart stroke.
6. AI in Social Media: Social Media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and many more contains a collection of billions of user profiles, which need to be stored and managed in a very well-organized way. AI technology can organize and manage those huge amounts of data. AI technology can analyze lots of data to identify the latest trends, hashtags, and requirements of different users. AI technology is constantly transforming social media channels, from expanding user experience to finding more effective ways to market products.
7. AI in the Finance Sector: Most of the financial organizations are turning to AI technology to improve their stock trading performance and boost profit. AI technology and finance sectors are the best matches for each other. Finance sectors are implementing a chatbot, automation, adaptive intelligence, and machine learning into their financial processes.
8. AI in Banking Sectors: Banking sectors are using AI technology to provide customer support, credit card frauds, detect anomalies and many more. Example: HDFC bank which has developed an AI chatbot called EVA (Electronic Virtual Assistant) at Bengaluru-based Sense forth AI Research.